Sales Director, West Coast (SF or LA)
Sales & Ad Partnerships / San Francisco, CA or Los Angeles, CA
Share job post:
Flipboard is a content discovery platform for your passions, interests, and news. Available on web, iOS, and Android, Flipboard offers the world important and influential articles shared by the greatest publishers and our awesome Flipboard community to advance conversation, keep people informed, and inspire them to engage, learn, and lead.
Flipboard is seeking an experienced Sales Director to develop our business with advertisers and their agencies for a full-time position based in San Francisco or Los Angeles, and calling on a critical region for the business. You will work with the world’s top advertisers to develop strategic and creative marketing solutions that help connect these brands to specific target audiences on the platform. The Sales Director is relied on to drive the business to meet the objectives of marketers, helping them innovate in new and exciting ways.
- Grow advertising revenue for Flipboard as a direct seller with key clients and their agencies, across the West region (LA, SF, Seattle, and Portland primarily)
- Educate clients and their agencies on the unparalleled mobile consumer experience and advertising/marketing opportunities that Flipboard offers
- Penetrate key account decision makers across client and agency organizations in a variety of roles including digital media, strategy, mobile, social and content marketing
- Work closely with a Brand Planner and Account Manager on developing go-to-market and sustainable partnership strategies to surpass revenue goals
- This is an individual contributor role, ideally working remotely in the San Francisco or Los Angeles areas (some flexibility with location, given COVID-19)
- Future travel requirement TBD (based on our progress with COVID-19)
Skills & Experience:
- 8-10 years experience in digital media sales, working directly with Fortune 500 companies and advertising agencies
- Established relationships with marketing decision makers at companies and agencies
- Deep understanding of platform media landscape, and opportunity for marketers
- A track record of demonstrating an ability to build and grow revenue
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced, start-up environment
- Preferred experience with mobile applications and mobile advertising
- Programmatic sales experience preferred
- Outstanding organizational and multitasking abilities
- Strong attention to detail, with proficiencies in GSuite, Keynote, Microsoft Office and CRM tools
- A passion for Flipboard and our mission
- BA/BS degree
Benefits & Perks
- Our benefits include vision, dental, life, and health insurance, plus 401K with a company match
- Flexible hours and generous ‘out of office time’ for holidays, vacations, sick leave, relaxation & wellness, personal and family needs
- Subsidized commuter programs (pre- and post-pandemic)
- Team celebrations: company anniversaries, birthdays, Thanksgiving, weddings/babies –– you name it, we celebrate it!
Why Join Flipboard?
- Our vision: At a time when society could really benefit from being more informed and inspired, we are enabling great stories to reach the right communities around the world.
- Our team: Led by experienced CEO, Mike McCue, the Flipboard team is a positive, respectful, and diverse group of bright and highly capable people who work collaboratively with strong purpose and vision. The Flipboard team is headquartered in downtown Redwood City, CA in the beautiful SF Bay Area. Although our roots lie in the Silicon Valley, our team extends around the world: New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, Seattle, Vancouver, and London.
- Our culture: We value an environment and culture that encourages people’s voices and perspectives to be heard. We believe that leveraging our team will lead us to create better products and services for all our users and partners. We value diversity and inclusion at Flipboard and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
- Our value: We are fully funded and making steady, meaningful progress on a premium, high margin business within a $600B, highly strategic market. Our business model is tightly aligned with our values, our partners and our user experience which makes our company both valuable and unique.
- Our product: Millions of people truly love Flipboard and rely on it regularly. Flipboard is a standard bearer for great mobile design, innovation, and we deeply value craftsmanship.
- Our platform: Our platform selects the best content from thousands of publishers around the world, organizes it into highly personalized feeds, and presents it for further curation by the community. We are driven by hard technical challenges and we value pioneering new technology to continually increase the power, efficiency and scale of our platform.